Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Work Time is Fun Time

It's been a little while, I admit it...but I'm still around. No longer am I the same struggling persons waiting to take the bar. I'm different, I'm changed. I have taken and pssed the bar exam. I am an attorney!!! Ok, that is not nearly as omnious as it sounds and really it is like that scene in Fight Club...you remember the one where the voice over says something to the effect of "the reels change and the movie goes on".

Life doesn't change and stop because you passed the bar. I wish I did. I think there should be one official day for every state in the country where they have a bar day. The entire country shuts down and celebrates the new admitted lawyers. Thinking about, it would definitely not be something that anyone who failed the bar would desire.

I mark the third pay period of my work with joy and happiness because passing the bar means that I am now the happy recipient of a raise. It's my first real raise of my life. I once had a raise while folding clothes for retail clothing store, but that doesn't count because it wasn't a real job. Now I have a real job and a real raise. It is just sad that I have to wait until November to see that raise, but everyday from here on out I feel richer. Also sadly I have to start paying my loans back...the state giveth and the federal government taketh away.

No comments: