Friday, July 22, 2005

Muses Take Me Now

It has quickly approached the end of the day of studying for le exam de bar (I too have been caught up in tour madness). I'm not to sure that I accomplished much other then yet again displaying my temper and complete lack of regard for the fine folks at barbri (what does that stand for anyways?) and PMBR. Today the PMBR book called me one of Pavlov's Dogs because "I went right for the obvious trick". I don't know about the rest of you, but it doesn't take a BA in Russian to realize that being called a dog, much less one that salavates at the sound of a bell, is something that a company should be calling a person who is paying for their services. Especially if you are paying for their services in the hope of being admitted to a profession that has all to lately found new and better reasons to sue people for less then that.

It is now offical that the bar exam has forced me to put cycling on the back burner. Just as bar the season is reaching its peak I'm restricted to my least. I know, I know, priorities right. I sacrifice a little right now for a lot in the future. It just sucks to have to admit it to yourself. Over the last week I was able to say to myself that I was getting ready for the Bensenville race or just flat tired from something, but now...now I cannot lie to myself any more. I have to take it for a fact that I am not resting for a race over Labor Day, but in fact just taking time to study for this damn test.

I find myself disagreeing with these so called model answers way too often. It's not that I disagree with the law but they way they are applying the law. The thing that makes me mad is that they (the writers) are the ones that get to claim to be the model answer. They have the final word. I can only imagine the jackass at the office writing the model answer. They are probably as cool a person as internet fantasy sports writers. Am I too critical of these people? Or am I just the only person who cares at all? I think the latter.

I just don't want to do this anymore. Just give me the exam.

1 comment:

Mike said...

welcome to blogville. You know for being a future lawyer you're actually pretty interesting.