Tuesday, October 18, 2005

10 Reasons to Be a Cubs Fan and not a White Sox Fan

Since the Sox have made the series I thought I would take this opportunity to re-affirm my support of the other team...the Cubbies

The following 10 reasons make my convictions in support of the Cubs stronger, but this list is not meant to be exhaustive:

1. My parents raised me correctly.

2. My grandparents raised my parents correctly.

3. I do not find women who could physically hurt me attractive.

4. The mayor, a rabid Sox fan, might be a no nonsense kind of guy, but the tax base of the greatest city in the world which allows him to be said guy live, work and play on the north side.

5. Taking your life into your own hands to see a baseball game is not my style of fun. Even the police get hazard pay to go to the South Side.

6. Blue collar and white collar fans (i.e. Bill Murray, Tobi Keith, God) cheer for the Cubs, while trailer-park trash (i.e. Kid Rock, Paris Hilton) cheer for the White Sox.

7. All of the Cubs players at least speak english. Most of the Sox fans don't speak any identifiable language at all.

8. To be a Cubs fan you at least need an understanding of the game of baseball. Sox fans are still learning how to use rudimentary tools.

9. Cubs fans sell out Wrigley Field everyday and support their team through thick and thin. Sox fans can lay dormant for decades like cicadas or herpes.

10. Cubs fans become laywers, doctors, architects, business leaders and pillars of the community. Soxs fans clean those pillars.

No comments: