Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The Day the Internet Came Back to Work

Yesterday may have been one of the happier days of my young professional career. For one reason or another the powers that be had denied me the ability to use my personal e-mail while at work by blocking the website which I use to log-on to my e-mail account. But out of the blue yesterday I was granted access again. I couldn't believe it. However, now my work productivity has declined dramatically but I'm happy. You know what they say, a happy worker is a good worker.

I spent the weekend with my beloved LullaBelle. It is hard to conduct a long-distance relationship. The distance itself kills but on top of it you realize the things that you miss and you become jealous of a former version of yourself. Up until recently I had lived in a tiny little town, one in which I could bike across it from corner to corner in 10 minutes if the lights were red. Now I live in this overgrown suburb about 2 hours away. We are separated only by this distance but it seems like an eternity.

I had become addicted to spending time with her. I realize now that just her presence around me makes me happy. We talk on the phone and see each other as often as possible, but you learn that you miss just sitting quietly next to each other. Actually seeing them smile or laugh is something that doesn't transfer on the phone all that well. You try to compensate for it by talking or trying to say something, but all my words are meaningless compared to just a quick little smile from her.

No comments: