Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Internet Sports Writers

While I was waiting for my microwave pizza to warm today I decided to take a look at my trusty online news website. I was instantly attracted to a story about my beloved Cubs and started to look over some other news from the sporting world. Then I say a sports writer's blog and clicked on it. After reading that 'stuff' I have come to the conclusion that people who write these blogs have never once gotten laid. I've always been amazed by so-called sports writers who critique athletes who participate in a sport that they could never dream of doing themselves. Some critique teachers with the old saying that "if you cannot do teach", well I'd like to point out that at least teachers do something. Sports writers do absolutely nothing at all and any sports writer who thinks that they actually do something...why don't you hand them a ball, running shoes or in the latest critique of Lance a bike.

My disdain for critical sports writers is almost equal to my disdain for those who participate in fantasy sports like they are the real deal. While I do not understand fantasy sports (I personally think it's the ultimate expression of laziness in the world and a hobby for fat men) I do not understand those who live for the experience. I noticed while taking a break yesterday that fantasy leagues were starting for the NFL, hell most of the players in the NFL don't know what team they ae playing for yet!!! There are a few weeks left of summer. Please take that time and go out and do something with your lives. Maybe actually join a park district football league and be a real athlete!?!

On top of that, there are sports writers who specialize in writing blogs for people who play fantasy sports. I find more use in used kleenex then I do for these writers. What in the name of all that is holy are they doing with their lives. I can only imagine the shame that they must feel when they go to high school reunions or out to bars to pick-up women (because women are just too smart to find this to be a profession for themsevles). If I was one of them, I would just lie and say that I did anything else...even being a crack-whore. Please end this.

No comments: