Monday, July 18, 2005

Apology to the Wonderful Spectators at Bensenville

Yesterday was the annual Bensenville addition to Wisconsin's super week cycling classic (aptly raced in a Chicago suburb). After debating all morning about whether or not I wanted to go I decided to pack up the car and go for the race. The following is my deep and sincere apology to all those that watched my pathethic performance. Honestly, how was I supposed to know that it was going to be soo hot up on the northside of Chicago. I just assumed since the races were so close to Canada it was going to be moderate in temperature.

It was a beautiful course and in a beautiful area of the city, unfortunately it was just too hot for little old me. I know, I'm supposed to be tough because I train in Mississippi most of the year, but I just dehydrated like a grape in the Arizona sun. Therefore, I now vow to never again race my bike after being stupid and not drinking large sums of water. Also, I resolve not to race my bike again until I take the bar exam. I want to also apologize to all those other cyclists who I might of cut off during the race. I'm sorry but I just know for a fact that you should know to move out of the way for me when I'm diving into a corner at 25 mph. It's not like I can control myself at that speed anyways.

No comments: