Monday, July 17, 2006

My Webster's Submissions

As the Cincinnati Kid has often said, I am a wordsmith. A recent hobby of mine has been to create obscure new words and phrases. I figure that if Shakespeare could basically craft the modern English language, than all of us lesser muses can at least take a stab at coming up with one or two new words. So the following are my submissions to the folks at Webster's Dictionary.

deadlinery: the act of using nit-picky reasoning and rationale to defeat or distract from otherwise meritorious statements or arguments.

saganize: taken from the author and scientist Carl Sagan. This is the act of taking extremely complicated and confusing ideas, subject matter or arguments and boiling them down into easily conveyable and understandable counterparts (something which Carl Sagan was a genius at doing).

soo: an emphasis word, something similar to the word "too", as in it's "soo cold."

Anyone else with some suggestions?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jill, Guess what? Rob bought a guitar!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The true test.

http://www.alphadictionary.com/articles/yankeetest.html

Let me know if you get this. You can e-mail me at home - my address is first letter of my first name, followed by my last name (all one word), @ the first two letters of my home town, m.rr.com

Rob said...

thought you would find this interesting:

44% Dixie. Barely in Yankeedom.